Tuesday, February 1, 2011

DURAGLOSS PRODUCTS SET TO GO ON TRIAL PART 4 UPDATE

I'm back with new updates.  Here I'll talk about my experience with Duragloss 101 Polish & Cleaner, Duragloss Aquawax 951,  and a great way I found to get a real deep wet look which I found on the web.

DURAGLOSS 101 POLISH & CLEANER

I was looking to get an All In One polish/sealant.  I was recommended to try Duragloss 101 Polish & Cleaner.  So I bought a bottle to try.  When I found time, I washed the car, clayed it then polished it with Duragloss 101 Polish & Cleaner.  

What I like about the product is its ease of use.  I used it with a rotary buffer/polisher with a black finishing pad.  What did I mean about ease of use?  Its "clean" meaning it hardly has and powdery residue, it doesn't stain black trimming or rubber if you get some on it.  Only thing to be aware of when using Duragloss 101 with a rotary is that it dries quite fast.  So I just had a bottle of filtered water in a sprayer handy.  I would spray the pad with a little water then apply Duragloss 101 to the pad then spray a little water on the car then start polishing.  Speed I used was 500rpm to 1000rpm.  The shine was good but not deep and wet but its a white car anyway.  Feeling was smooth and slick.

Cleaning ability of this polish I would say would be  medium-low for white cars.  As a comparison  Klasse All In One has better cleaning power then Duragloss 101 on white cars.  So I would say to only use Duragloss 101 if the car is only slightly/lightly stained.

DURAGLOSS 951 AQUAWAX

I tried the Duragloss Aquawax as well.  I find that its really smooth and slick and extremely easy to use.  Great product which can be used on a wet or dry clean car.  I prefer to use it on a dry car.  Application was very easy, just spray and wipe on a section until it dries and disappears.  Once you have done the whole car,  you may find some streaking.  I just used a clean mircofiber cloth to buff and the streaks were gone.  So after doing the whole car with Duragloss Aquawax, I just let it sit and cure for a while and went through buffing the whole car with a clean microfiber cloth to bring out the great Duragloss shine and feel.  

Duragloss Aquawax is a great product for in between applications of wax/sealants.  Its easy to use, shine is great, doesn't stain trim and the feeling is really smooth and slick.  No surprise why many people in many forums across the world speak highly of this great product.  

Water beading and sheeting (when the beads clumps together) is also really good with Duragloss Aquawax.  So if your sealant is loosing its beading ability, just put some on and your car will bead again very well.  How well it beads and sheet will also depend on the surface condition.

A word of advice,  this product seems to work great and looks great on a solid paint with no clear coat.  But I found that Duragloss Aquawax stained easily on my white car which is a solid colour with no clear coat.  After having black streaks on the Duragloss Aquawax I found that by just using water alone did not clean off the black streaks as well and what I have experienced with just Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish.  But the stains was only removed with a full car wash.  

I tried it on another car with clear coat on it and it doesn't have that problem,  so my case might be an isolated case but its just good to be aware that this happened to me.  

DEEP & WET LOOK SHINE

I was surfing around the web/forums and I found this post by Rabbi: 

"This was posted awhile back by a fellow member.
apply the 601 by hand..it is a white creamy lotion....leave it on..do not wipe off..wait about 20 minutes apply either the 105 or 111 sealant(polish)..the 105 looks better...

Now if you want a liitle system that works real nice...follow this..



polish if need to..clay also before polishing

wash car....

Use Fast Clean and Shine after drying...leaves the car slick and helps spreading the PBA thin

apply PBA ..bonding agent...let sit for 10-20 minutes to haze...but leave it on ..do not buff off

if you have Aquawax..apply a quick lite spritz to your applicator you are going to use to put the sealant on with...I use a Meg's foam applicator...or the polish pal..

put the sealant on ..let haze...30 minutes ..wipe off....


NOW...if you are going to more layers...3 is nice...before doing a 2nd layer wipe down car with AW after a wash ...then apply your sealant...do this before each layer after the initial first one...

Also spritz the pad with AW again like first time..

Sorta like doing Zaino ...AW adds a gloss enhancer before sealant..plus helps spread it nice and thin....

wait at least 24 hours between coats....I did 3 in 2 weeks spread...

but doing Aw before applying sealant and spritzing pad makes a world of difference....

I give credit to this method to a buddy of mine who did it like this...his truck is AWESOME looking...a mile thick ..wet as rain...

any questions just ask....Glad to help

you will like what you see.."

So I decided to try out this method of layering Duragloss Aquawax 951 and Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish.  I tried it on both my cars.  First was the Honda then the Nissan.

The Honda was just clayed, polished, Duragloss 601 Paint Bonding Agent and sealed with Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish just recently.  So I just washed the car then dry and went over with Duragloss Aquawax.  Let cure for about 15mins then buff once more to make sure no streaks and missed parts.  Then I applied Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish.

I was amazed with the results.  It gave a much deeper color to the paint and a really wet look with great reflections and shine.  I really love it.  With just the regular Duragloss 601 PBA and Duragloss 105 TPP the shine looks "harder" not as deep and wet.   Here are some pictures.

Duragloss Aquawax & Duragloss 105 TPP


Duragloss Aquawax & Duragloss 105 TPP


Duragloss 601 PBA & Duragloss 105 TPP
Then I was excited to try this combination on my Nissan. Here I applied the Duragloss Aquawax with a rotary buffer/polisher with a black finishing pad.  All I did was to spray it on the pad and alittle on the car as well and work it into the paint until it disappears.  Then I left it for 15 mins then buff again to remove streaks.  Then I applied the Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish.  Please note that the car is 14 years old with its original paint.

Duragloss Aquawax & Duragloss 105 TPP


Duragloss 601 PBA & 2nd Coat of Duragloss 105 TPP
I think I will try using the rotary buffer/polisher with the Duragloss Aquawax next time on the Honda then layer the Duragloss 105 Total Performance polish by hand.  Why?  Because on the white Nissan the camera was is not able to catch the layer which is put down by the Duragloss Aquawax with the rotary buffer/polisher which I tried to capture but could not.  The rotary seems to be able to put a thicker layer than normal hand would be able to.  Kind of hard to describe but you can definitely see it but not able to capture in the photo.


I would recommend to try this method of layering out.  More work but well worth the effort.  A month or so that I have been trying out Duragloss products, I have been pleasantly delighted by the performance, look, ease of use, very little dusting/powder and non trim staining products.  I would highly recommend anybody to try Duragloss's range products as it has great "bang for the buck".


Next I will try to do another 1 to 2 layers and see how it goes.  Then I will move on to Duragloss Track Claw 2930 Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment